Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vocab

My bitch of the day.

Seriously, what do you think of when someone says:

"There's a surge…"

I'm thinking, ok, something is active, in occurrence is rising, something rather significant in nature, a serious push likely upwards, from somekind of a low. A swell.

Ok, what about "soaring"?

I'm thinking Icarus here, altitudes worthy of gods, eagles, and possibly Boeing 747-400s, ya know? Lofty, not just high, we're talking out of sight.

You know what I'm saying, right?

Now if I say: "world stocks SOAR again on banking, etc. etc."

I don't know about you, but to me the use of the word soar in this context would means maybe tens of percentages, like a 20% increase would be a soaring!

No.

0.8%

Yeah.

Eight tenths of a percent. It's the major part of one percent, I'll grant you, but it's not even one whole percent!

What the fuck dictionary are these assholes using? Obviously these guys are better with numbers tha… oh no, wait, apparently not.

Ah, never mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home