Monday, March 09, 2009

Shaky Sue

In the spirit of true inanity, here is another one of those mining the depths of my memory for truly useless information.

Back in 1972, or was it 1973? we got the most awesomest of records. Yes, that's a vinyl record for those of you who remember such things as turntables. The record was Glitter – Gary Glitter. The funniest thing about this record as I look back on it now is that everyone, and I do mean everyone, knows at least one song off this record. Maybe not by name, but certainly would recognize the tune: be it Rock and Roll - Part 1 or Part 2.

So it is: Hockey fans worship Rock and Roll - Part 2! It's like 2 chords and one word: "Hey!"

I listened to this album over and over again, wearing it thin in spots. Amazing music to be sure. Hell it even had Gary doing a rendition of "Donna", originally from Ritchie Valens.

( Unfortunately for everyone, several years later, the musical genius known as Gary Glitter was defunct. The sad sordid tale of, real name, Paul Gadd took over. In Vietnam, he was tried, convicted and sent to jail, although he maintained he was innocent. Nevertheless, Glitter-music, the art, cannot be denied even though the human being may be totally reprehensible. )

Anyway, I bought the recut CD, but was missing the song below.

The lyrics aren't available anywhere and neither is the music, so in order to entertain as well as provide "useful" data, here are the lyrics to Shaky Sue, one of my favourite songs off the vinyl album, again as best I can remember seeing as I haven't actually heard it in many, many years.


Shaky Sue

Written by: Gary Glitter & Mike Leander (circa. 1972)
(as remembered by me!)

Rama-lama-lime
I'm a hard, hard man
With a head and a heart of stone
I pay no heed to the female weed
I can make a standing on my own
And then one night when the moon was bright
To the music of a slot(?) machine
I shook on and I lost my song
To a rock 'n' rollin' teenage queen
Shaky Sue!

Dancin' 'til the early morning light
Shaky Sue, Shaky Sue
Bring back a little love-light into my life,
Shaky Sue, Shaky Sue

Now I'm no fool
I'm a stubborn mule
But I knew I met my match at last
I got shrewd to my Shaky Sue
When I <intelligible> her on the dust(?) so fast
I asked her sittin'(?) on my knee
If she's dumb enough to be my wife
Well you can guess
Shaky Sue said yes
Now I'll be rock and rollin' the rest of my life
Shaky Sue!

Dancin' 'til the early morning light
Shaky Sue, Shaky Sue
Bring back a little love-light into my life,
Shaky Sue, Shaky Sue

(Repeat and fade)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home