Friday, May 11, 2007

Good Guide - Good Grief

It rears its ugly head every couple years, an article - presumably - written in 1955 in Housekeeping Monthly: The Good Wife's Guide. <-(click on the title)

I sourced it from Wikipedia, because it explains what I believe of the original article.

By and large it is an excellent piece of satire, which was reproduced - as such - in the first copy of Playboy, no less, available in Canada in the early 60’s.

Def Satire: trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

But here is the question du jour, is there anyone on this planet who does NOT believe this to be satire nowadays? And you know whom I’m referring to - email me if you don’t. Unfortunately, we already know the answer, so I will leave it at that.

A cute 2005 rebuttal was issued by Yvonne Prince.

2 Comments:

Blogger MedStudentWife said...

*lol* Yvonne Prince :)

But you Steve - may know what my thoughts could be to the original piece *grin*

May 11, 2007 6:32 p.m.  
Blogger Steve said...

I suspect I do sweetie, I suspect I do. *smiles*

May 15, 2007 7:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home