Friday, June 02, 2006

Closing TV Shows

The TV season has come to a close for the summer, but there were some casualties and some survivors.  

Fortunately for us, we will still have a steady flow of TV series for the summer.  I have subscribed to zip.ca  This is an on-line DVD-rental store.   I could not find Charmed anywhere in town, so for my wife’s birthday, I subscibed to zip and ordered the back epsiodes.

We’ve been hooked ever since.  I added Angel and Buffy in the zip-list (that’s what they call it) and we started watching those as well.  Good stuff really.  Joss Whedon and his writers are amazing.  Smart quips and one-liners abound.  

And speaking of another Joss Whedon creation: Serenity (sci-fi movie) gave us a taste for the original Firefly too, so I added that to the zip-list as well.  An added bonus that I don’t have to wait 3 years to see how it turns out.

Watching Firefly would have driven me up the wall.  It orginially aired in spurts and starts over a two year period.  But never gathered a following despite being a fantastic sci-fi genre.  Geez, I wonder why?

So we have become addicted to renting DVD series, as if we really needed to watch more TV.   Fuck the networks and their ignorant and inconsistent scheduling practices!

I’ll probably add 24 to the zip-list next.

Anyway, the final update on this TV-year’s entries:

The officially R.I.P.ed first:
Alias
eRing
Commander in Chief
Hot Properties
Invasion
Killer Instinct
Night Stalker
Surface
Stacked
Threshold
Wanted
West Wing (The)

The Keepers:
Cold Case
Criminal Minds
CSI: Las Vegas
CSI: Miami
CSI: NY
House
King of the Hill
Las Vegas
NCIS
Nip/Tuck
Numb3rs
Prison Break
Simpsons (The)
Supernatural
Without a Trace
The Added:
Close to Home
Unit (The)
Stargate Atlantis

And the dumped and semi-dumped (we just no longer watch):
Bones
Ghost WhispererSG-1
Shield (The)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home